My work schedule this week was such that I ended up with a long weekend! After a couple of busy weeks, I decided to stay in with some hot tea, a pile of blankets, and a few good reads.
Here's what I have on my shelf right now:
- Kinfolk, Volume Five (I'm trying to pace myself... I usually go through each issue far too quickly!)
- Where'd You Go, Bernadette? by Maria Semple (a smart, satirical read by a former Arrested Development writer)
- The Thin Man by Dashiell Hammett (an old mystery favorite about Nick and Nora Charles, a glamourous couple who solve homicides on the side)
- The Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion (a beautifully written memoir chronicling the year after her husband's death)
- The Family Fang by Kevin Wilson (a story about two adults returning to live with their eccentric, artsy parents)
I would love to hear some more suggestions for great fall reads!
Photo Credit: Kinfolk Magazine