Monday, October 1

Required Reading


My work schedule this week was such that I ended up with a long weekend!  After a couple of busy weeks, I decided to stay in with some hot tea, a pile of blankets, and a few good reads. 

Here's what I have on my shelf right now:

  • Kinfolk, Volume Five (I'm trying to pace myself... I usually go through each issue far too quickly!)
  • Where'd You Go, Bernadette? by Maria Semple (a smart, satirical read by a former Arrested Development writer)
  • The Thin Man by Dashiell Hammett (an old mystery favorite about Nick and Nora Charles, a glamourous couple who solve homicides on the side)
  • The Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion (a beautifully written memoir chronicling the year after her husband's death)
  • The Family Fang by Kevin Wilson (a story about two adults returning to live with their eccentric, artsy parents)

I would love to hear some more suggestions for great fall reads!

Photo Credit: Kinfolk Magazine

2 comments:

  1. I just started JK Rowling's new book, The Casual Vacancy. Though I know you're not a Harry Potter person, you should read this because it's completely separate. I think you'd really like it - I can lend it to you when I'm done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last summer I fell in love with a book called The Wednesday Letters. I can't remember the author's name, but it's a lovely story about family and what we go through for each other.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...