Tuesday, September 18
In the Kitchen: Brie, Pear, and Arugula Toasted Sandwich
- 1 small package of brie (if you like the rind and it's not too tough, you can leave it on)
- 1/2 a medium sized Bosc pear
- 1/4 cup arugula
- 1/4 baguette, sliced in half
- 1/2 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 4 tablespoons raspberry jam
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wash arugula and drain. Wash and slice the pear into small slivers. You can leave the skin on the outside. Arrange the brie, pear slices, and arugula on a sliced baguette and place in the oven for approximately 6-8 minutes. The brie should begin to melt and the pears should soften a bit, but you don't want the arugula to dry out or the bread to crisp too much.
In a small sized bowl, combine the grainy mustard and the raspberry jam. For this sandwich, I prefer less mustard, but if you like a more savory flavor, you can add more mustard to the mix. Add to the sandwich and enjoy!
Photo Credit: Sweeteats