When I lived in Indiana I was such a homebody on the weekends, but since I've moved to NYC and started a job working from home, I feel obligated to explore as long as possible on the weekends. Sometimes the constant exploration means I'm still tired when Monday rolls around.
Since Julia and I were out and about during the week last week, I indulged myself and stayed in most of the weekend. I started a new book, watched 5 episodes of Friday Night Lights, and went on my first run in a few months. It felt so nice to just get out and clear my head in Central Park. Even though there are hundreds of fellow park-goers, it always seems so quiet and peaceful on the running trail. I also realized perhaps it's time to invest in a better sports bra...
A few things to share:
- Maya Rudolph and Amy Poehler guest star on Saturday Night Live.
- Have you seen Closet Visit? I have always been strangely drawn to seeing the inside of peoples' homes and closets, and this does both! I loved the beautiful closet and home of clothing designer Momo Suzuki.
- A music mix to help you get down to business, courtesy of Kate Miss.
- I'm thinking about framing this tea towel for our "kitchen", i.e. our 20 square foot space we try our best to cook in.
- Anthropologie's Shirt Lookbook: your guide to making an oxford shirt less formal.
Photo Credit: unknown