Tuesday, January 17

Weekend Wrap-Up


Well I accomplished one of my two goals for the long weekend... Even though it was nice and chilly here in NYC, I managed to get in a decent amount of exploring this weekend- mostly in Manhattan, but I took a little solo tour of Williamsburg, Brooklyn on Sunday.  I attempted to find a great cup of hot chocolate, but unfortunately struck out.  A few highlights from the weekend... 


On Saturday, Laurent and I tried out Peri Ela, a Turkish restaurant near our house and escaped the cold by watching Singin' in the Rain


On Sunday, we made raspberry pancakes, I popped into Posman Books for a small gift, and ate at the always delicious Ronnybrook Farm Dairy.  If you're in NYC, stop in for their macaroni and cheese.  It comes topped with scallions and breadcrumbs and is served with rye bread.  They also have amazing ice cream, floats, shakes, and cookies with milk.  Yum. 


On Sunday I stopped in Academy Records in Williamsburg and came out with my very first record - Nancy Wilson's Gentle is My Love.  And above all else, I escaped the Trader Joe's at Union Square unscathed (it can get pretty crazy in there!).

Photo Credit: 1, 2, 3, 4

1 comment:

  1. The mint lemonade at Ronnybrook is AMAZING and so refreshing. But of course you will probably want to wait til it warms up. I drank mine as we walked down the high line- perfect summer afternoon :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...