Tuesday, January 3

In the Kitchen: Blood Orange Soda



What in the what?  Hold the phone.  Pump the brakes... San Pellegrino has blood orange soda!  Stop what you're doing and seek it out now.

I've never really made meals with blood oranges, but I loooove any sort of blood orange drinks.   However, it's always a pretty difficult flavor to find.  I dipped into a little hole in the wall grocery near my apartment today and found this beautiful can staring back at me.  Happy 2012 to me!

P.S. Did you know that the pigment in blood oranges, anthocyanin, causes them to be more antioxidant-rich than other citrus fruits?

P.P.S. Doesn't the blood orange in the opening credits of Dexter make you thirsty throughout every episode?

P.P.P.S. Mama- Any luck on your Indianapolis blood orange search?

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...