Thursday, December 15

Style File: Michelle Williams


I was first introduced to Michelle Williams when she entered Dawson's Creek as troublemaker and promiscuous teen Jen Lindley.  Turns out she also appeared on such '90s gems as Step by Step and Home Improvement before landing her breakout role alongside Katie Holmes and James Van Der Beek.  While Holmes grew up to marry a certified nutcase and Van Der Beek settled into a string of made-for-TV movies, Michelle Williams has become a successful, award-winning actress.

Michelle Williams is a great example of someone whose style improved after having a child.  I think some women really come into their own when faced with 5 or less minutes to themselves in the morning.  A few years back, she wasn't really on my radar, but now I frequently find myself coveting her perfectly functional and fashionable wardrobe filled with peacoats, jeans, simple dresses, and flats.  And, more often than not, I also wish I was as stylish as her 6-year-old daughter, Matilda.

I'm sure some of you are saying "What?  She's not just a mom, she's a celebrity mom - of course she can look good with that kind of money and free time." Well to that I say a.) there are plenty of celebrity moms who look ridiculous b.) Michelle Williams is consistently photographed out and about with her daughter, so I think she is a pretty average parent and c.) yes, some of her pieces of clothing are probably very expensive, you win. 

Ah, what a pretty lady.

P.S. Did anyone else cry uncontrollably at the series finale of Dawson's Creek?  Holy moly.

Photo Credit: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...