Wednesday, December 28

Into the Gloss


Have you heard of Into the Gloss?  Emily Weiss started this blog in 2010, where she interviews people about their beauty routines - what kind of makeup they use, where they get their hair cut, what kind of perfume they wear.  Some of the interviewees spend a fortune on products and treatments, but most have some great, affordable suggestions.  It's worth checking out if you want a little beauty inspiration...

If you're looking for some basic makeup products,  here are a few of my favorites.   


Boots Stay Perfect Foundation - Cream:  The only foundation I have found that stays on all day without being too heavy.  I also loved Laura Mercier's tinted mostuizer, but $42 a bottle is a bit out of my price range. And by a bit, I mean it's well out of my price range.


Kiehl's Tinted Lip Balm - Hue 58B:  I loooove Kiehl's packaging.  I'm not quite sure why because on the design spectrum it falls on the uninventive end.  But there's something nice about how Kiehl's packaging is so simple in comparison to a number of products you would find at Sephora.  This is actually the only product I've tried, but it's exactly what I was looking for: a jazzed up alternative to ChapStick.  The 58B color is perfect for everyday use and doesn't dry out my lips.


Tarte 12 Hour Blush - Dollface: Blush is the best product for a makeup novice like myself.  I went to Sephora, tried on a few shades, and found this gem.  One compact lasts forever (I've had mine for two months and have barely made a dent in it) and this shade is light enough to not look garish, but dark enough to make me look healthy (I'm allergic to the sun). 


Eco Tools Brush Set: I know this is a character flaw, but I hate having a mismatched set of pretty much anything.  My mom got my sister and I these brush sets for Christmas a few years ago and I love them!  It comes with a blush brush, an angled eyeliner brush, a concealer brush, an eyeshadow brush, and an eyelash comb/eyebrow brush tool.  Plus, if you want to add any tools, Target has add-ons that match the original set.


ChapStick- Classic Original: Always and forever, we've got a life of love that won't ever change... The most glamorous of all beauty products, the one the only.


Ten Thousand Villages Makeup Bag:  I usually keep my makeup in a set of Anthropologie bowls, but if I'm going somewhere, this is the makeup bag I use.  It's washable and the proceeds go to a great cause.  I can't find it online anywhere, but I bought mine at Global Gifts in Bloomington.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...