Saturday, December 31

Happy 2012!


Happy New Year everyone...  Hope next year brings you everything you wish for!

Does anyone have any New Year's resolutions?  I have a few things I've been working on lately that I want to carry over to the New Year.
  • Keep in touch... Since I moved a few hundred miles from home it's more important to me than ever to keep in touch with the people I want to.  I've been trying to call more often, write more often, and send (small) birthday presents when possible. 
  • Unplug more often... So much of my free time is spent watching TV or surfing the web. Hopefully this year I will take better advantage of the NY Public Library.  So far, I have to confess that I've mostly been renting DVDs. 
  • Become an awesome adult... I've had some serious meltdowns since graduating college and I imagine a few of my friends have too.  I hope I figure out a better system for managing my finances, cooking, cleaning, and exploring this amazing new city I'm in.  
  • Buy better shoes... Last summer I was experiencing terrible pain in my feet and I just couldn't figure out where it was coming from.  I went to the doctor only to have him pick up my shoe and bend it in half lengthwise.  I know it's a silly resolution to have, but I have a strange, wild attraction to unsupportive shoes.  Give me a piece of cardboard with a little fabric drapped over and I'll buy it.  Recently I purged all the crappy shoes I have and my goal is to slowly replace them with well-made, attractive, supportive shoes.  Happy feet in 2012! 
  • Brush my teeth more often, wash my face regularly, shave my legs at least once a week, etc... I am not a particularly clean person. 
Photo Credit: Unknown

2 comments:

  1. WE LOVE YOU!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh, i'm trying to be a better flosser. its just the worst though! i could stand to shave my legs more often too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...