Happy New Year everyone... Hope next year brings you everything you wish for!
Does anyone have any New Year's resolutions? I have a few things I've been working on lately that I want to carry over to the New Year.
- Keep in touch... Since I moved a few hundred miles from home it's more important to me than ever to keep in touch with the people I want to. I've been trying to call more often, write more often, and send (small) birthday presents when possible.
- Unplug more often... So much of my free time is spent watching TV or surfing the web. Hopefully this year I will take better advantage of the NY Public Library. So far, I have to confess that I've mostly been renting DVDs.
- Become an awesome adult... I've had some serious meltdowns since graduating college and I imagine a few of my friends have too. I hope I figure out a better system for managing my finances, cooking, cleaning, and exploring this amazing new city I'm in.
- Buy better shoes... Last summer I was experiencing terrible pain in my feet and I just couldn't figure out where it was coming from. I went to the doctor only to have him pick up my shoe and bend it in half lengthwise. I know it's a silly resolution to have, but I have a strange, wild attraction to unsupportive shoes. Give me a piece of cardboard with a little fabric drapped over and I'll buy it. Recently I purged all the crappy shoes I have and my goal is to slowly replace them with well-made, attractive, supportive shoes. Happy feet in 2012!
- Brush my teeth more often, wash my face regularly, shave my legs at least once a week, etc... I am not a particularly clean person.